Introducing... The Glamour Ball
Ladies & Gentlemen! I am ecstatic to announce that next month at the 21st Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Festival, I will be bringing to you THE GLAMOUR BALL! If you're like me, and feel like you get all dressed up with no where to go, come on down to thee most glamorous event at VLV.
Brought to you by Viva Las Vegas & The Pretty Dress Co. I encourage you to put on ALL your glitz Saturday night and meet me at the Deluxe Club (located on the casino floor of The Orleans). Hosted by myself and Big Sandy, the Glamour Ball will have live entertainment, music & dancing, cocktails, giveaways, AND one lucky lady will win the title of Miss Glamour! The contest entry period is now open, please read below for contest rules....
The Glamour Ball Competition:
You could win over $1000 in prizes along with the title of Miss Glamour! If you have a beautiful vintage gown and want to shine on stage, you could be eligible for the grand prize package including:
Dress Voucher from The Pretty Dress Co.
Prize Package from Unique Vintage
Photo Shoot with Spike & the Camera (to be scheduled within 12 months of winning in the Los Angeles area), along with professional makeup & hair styling provided by Missy from Hairstyling by Melissa @MissMelissaMisssy
Prize Package from Mischief Made
Wine from Sort This Out Cellars
Store Voucher to Polished Raven
Gift Package from Platinum Parlor
Prize Package from Suavecita Pomade
Prize Package from NYX Cosmetics
Prize Package from Besame Cosmetics
- Contestants will be judged on overall styling of their glamorous ensemble from head to toe including their clothing, shoes, accessories, as well as makeup & hair styling. This should represent how ball goers would have looked during the 1940s-1960s. Please stick to one era!
- Personality and stage presence will be considered for the crown of Miss Glamour
- Email no more than 5 photos to email@example.com of your gown (pant suits also welcome), as well as the pieces you will pair with your outfit, this could also be a hair style. Please keep in mind this contest is about vintage glamour, but handmade & reproduction gowns will be accepted. Photo quality is not important, I am only looking for dress style, color, and idea of era & styling. If you do not have all the pieces or do not have photos of everything, that is fine, this is only to help get an idea of your entire ensemble.
- In email include a short paragraph with: stage name, location, and a description about your outfit.
- Entries will be accepted until April 8th at 11:59pm(PST). Finalists will be notified no later than April 10th.
- To be considered, YOU (the contestant) are the only one who can submit your entry. You must be attending Viva Las Vegas & have a High-Roller Wristband. The Glamour Ball is Saturday evening, starting at 7:30 p.m., and all finalists will need to be present at 7:30 p.m. and stay for the event & competition. Contestants will not be compensated for any costs in attending.
That would be me! I am a blogging, vintage glam enthusiast, & I have been roaming around the vintage scene for many years. It was my interest in American vaudeville & burlesque that not only created "Tara MiSioux" turning me into an international burlesque performer, but also a sucker for sparkle! I am always looking for a reason to get dressed up, which was what inspired The Glamour Ball, encouraging all of you to come with all of your glimmer & shimmer! See you soon!
Our man of the night, and no stranger to vintage fashion, music, or Viva Las Vegas, we have Big Sandy co-hosting The Glamour Ball! As the lead singer of his internationally known band, Big Sandy & His Fly Rite Boys, he is not only known around town as an amazing rockabilly singer & guitarist, but is also always dressed to the nines... alrighty guys, lets see your best looking attire, no excuses now!
I have hand selected these judges based on their experience & expertise in today's world of vintage inspired fashion & styling. I feel these 4 women will provide great feedback, and being from around the world... will have an unbiased score for our winner!
A red headed classic beauty from Croatia, Greta is a vintage collector, blogger, stylist, & model who has been making appearances with clothing companies around the world. It will be such a treat to have her with us, and will be just one reason to come on out to The Glamour Ball. Follow her @GretaGardner
Pink hair extraordinaire! You can't miss UK pinup doll & hairstylist Diablo Rose known for her swirly whirly updos on both herself & her vibrant clients. You can see more of her @DiabloRose
No stranger to Viva Las Vegas or vintage fashion is Dottie Deville from San Diego, CA. You might need to cover your eyes when she enters the room as she is all glitz & glamour! Whether you find her performing & producing her burlesque shows or working as a vintage clothing stylist, she is always dressed to impress. Find her on Instagram @DottieDeville
Take vintage glam, with a hint of cheesecake pinup, add a whip of fetish, & you've got Bryona Ashly from Los Angeles! She has been hitting the model scene full force from Japan to Europe, and is always jaw droppingly beautiful in her retro inspired shoots. We are so excited she will be able to join us in Las Vegas for some glamorous fun! Be sure to follow her @Bryona_Ashly
Thank you again to our sponsor The Pretty Dress Co.
See you next month!